Haenlein Brothers Co.

The Haenlein Brothers Co., also known as The Haenlein Brothers Arcade Amusement Company, was a wholesale dealer based in Columbus, Ohio, operating from the 1880s through the 1920s. The company specialized in the distribution of postcards, pennants, and various novelties. It had several addresses in downtown Columbus, including Broad and High, 173 South High Street, and 10 South Wall Street. 

In the 1920s, Max Stern served as the company’s president, with Leo Haenlein acting as manager and treasurer. Additionally, the Haenlein Brothers, Leo and Elmer, acquired Olentangy Park in 1929, which they managed until its closure in 1938.

Memorial Hall, Columbus, Ohio (Date Unknown) | Haenlein Bros.
Vintage postcard showing the Franklin County Memorial Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Between 1964 and 1999, it housed the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) science museum.


  • Arter, Bill. “Columbus Vignettes: Broad and High in the 1880s.” The Columbus Sunday Dispatch. 27 March 1966. Pg. 286.
  • “Produces Novelties.” The Columbus Sunday Dispatch. 1 January 1922. Pg. 10.